Premier Resonator with EC2's and Emad2

Malc

Reaction score
Finally managed to set my kit up and start to bed in my new heads.
I've been a lifelong Remo Pinstripe user until this year, when I spoke with a drum tech at my preferred music shop, who dared me to try the Evans EC2 range. Not one to shy away from a challenge, I fitted EC2 batters to my 12,13.16 toms with matching EC reso's along with a 24 Emad2 batter and Remad reso.
Now, I'm no expert in tuning or indeed playing, but for anyone with a kit like mine, these heads appear to be quite similar to Pinstripes and they'll blend in well with the style of rock music my band play.
Apologies for the video/sound quality, it's a quick and dirty recording on a phone.

Last edited:

Malc

Reaction score
The liners are still in the toms but I've removed the bd one as I just couldn't get a good sound with it in.

Malc

Reaction score
I get it. They aren't black because it is a Resonator not a Black Shadow.
My kit is a bit of a mongrel to be fair. The toms are resonators and the BD is a later black shadow. I removed the BD liner years ago as I couldn't get a sound I was happy with, but now I've fitted the Emads, I might reinstate it to see what happens.

Malc

Reaction score
Best lugs ever.
I first fitted the new heads just over a year ago,but due to the lockdowns,today was the first opportunity I've had to properly play them and they'd stayed pretty close to how I'd tuned them.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I get it. They aren't black because it is a Resonator not a Black Shadow.
Worst expensive drums I ever played were Resonaters.
They just wouldn't tune.

Malc

Reaction score
They just wouldn't tune.
I've found that using EC2s,inc. reso's has helped in that respect as well as removing the liner in the bass drum ( which pretty much turns it into a projector). The Emad2 batter on the BD is another great addition to my ears.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
They just wouldn't tune.
Kind of a rude thing to say on someone's post about their kit. Ever think that maybe you aren't good at tuning. :)

Last edited: