Premier Signia / Genista Lug Screw Size / Pitch

Genistas

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking to replace many of the tarnished lug mounting screws on my Signia and Genista kits, but can’t find suitable replacements anywhere. I need the brass screws with the hex-shaped philips head and the matching washers and lug washers. They’re all over the place in chrome and black. Any thoughts where I could get them? Thanks!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. If they are mounting screws, couldn't you replace them in chrome and be okay? You could probably replace all of them at once if you're worried about them matching.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
They aren't brass. They are yellow zinc plated steel. They are probably SEMS screws meaning that the washers are attached to the screw when they are made and not removable. Unless they are actually rusted a bit of dulling of yellow zinc plating is normal and won't cause any problems.

Genistas

Reaction score
Thanks!

That makes sense that they're zinc-plated. Now that I think of it wouldn't brass corrode the steel in the lugs anyway?

Most of the screws are rusted. I've put a lot of work into making this kit look nice again and it would have been nice to find those screws but I'll go with chrome or black if I have too. I was just hoping they might be available somewhere. Thanks again!

Genistas

Reaction score
While I've got you, does anybody know the thread size and pitch for the Signia/Genista lugs? Are they the standard M4 .7 ?

Genistas

Reaction score
Hello! If 25 years makes something an antique then I think this is an appropriate forum to ask this question about my Signia and Genista drums.

I'm looking for the yellow-plated zinc hex head / philips drive lug-mounting screws to match as closely as possible to these kits. It seems unlikely I'll have any luck.

However, I'm about to purchase some chrome replacements and was wondering if anybody knew the diameter and pitch of the threads on these screws. Is it the standard m4.7?

I could probably head into a hardware store with a screw to verify this, but I'm avoiding public places when I can.

Thanks!

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have no idea. Premier used to use the British Whitworth threaded fasteners but I believe the switched to Metric by the time the Genistas came out. Best bet is to take a lug to a hardware store and see what fits.

spelman

Reaction score
You have a great vintage kit but it's not very antique.:cool2:

Drums94

Reaction score
Hello! If 25 years makes something an antique then I think this is an appropriate forum to ask this question about my Signia and Genista drums.

I'm looking for the yellow-plated zinc hex head / philips drive lug-mounting screws to match as closely as possible to these kits. It seems unlikely I'll have any luck.

However, I'm about to purchase some chrome replacements and was wondering if anybody knew the diameter and pitch of the threads on these screws. Is it the standard m4.7?

I could probably head into a hardware store with a screw to verify this, but I'm avoiding public places when I can.

Thanks!
I might have some for you. I think I see those screws but could you send me a picture?

Robert Craner

Reaction score

Thanks!

I own a lovely Burnt Orange Genista - all undrilled incl the kick. I purchased it off a good friend of mine, the original owner about 5yrs ago who had collected it directly from the Premier factory in Blaby Rd, Leicester in the late 90’s. It had rust and tarnish on a lot of the internal scrws and washers from storage. So I replaced ALL of the screws and washers inside the toms and kick with the black type. Granted they aren’t original, but they look cool against the interiors. I’m in UK but got the the screws from Drum Factory Direct. (Go to Drum Parts & Hardware/ Drum lug Gaskets and Screws)

Attachments

Genistas

Reaction score
@Robert Craner, Beautiful kit! My Genista kit is in the same finish! Ochre it was called. I wish I could find a 16" to add to it. Anyways, I purchased a set of gauges (always wanted to) and it turns out they are indeed M4x0.7.