header.nohb.html

Premier snare identification please

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know naught of Premier or their lines. I don’t even think this is terribly “vintage” but hopefully someone can give me the simple answer…. What model is this snare? It feels very “basic”. Not heavy. No fancy throw/butt. Only a single screw at the bead holding the lugs in place. Snare gates are simple cut-outs.
Picked it up in an odds-and-ends kit last night

AD868B16-211D-4624-8CF7-621F65F4514E.jpeg

FE0A8ACE-6F21-4D06-9FEA-9418B2C0FF1D.jpeg
CAA33464-E7D8-4E8C-AAD5-9BB03C805FBB.jpeg

Last edited:

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Premier doesn't get the respect it deserves. Even the simple Premier snares are great.
Looks like you did pretty well...zildjians...rogers bass drum.
Premier are really the best value when it comes to vintage drums!
Great shells, wonderful chrome plating and functional (most of it) hardware!

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
Premier doesn't get the respect it deserves. Even the simple Premier snares are great.
Looks like you did pretty well...zildjians...rogers bass drum.
Thanks everyone. That’s all I needed to hear! I have a Premier “Olympic” 5” snare from who knows where…. It’s always been a good instrument. Had it since the 80’s.

Yeah, this was up on CL and FB Marketplace for two weeks. Really surprised it lasted this long. I saw it days before and ignored it (dumb) because I thought it was all junk. After a second look I couldn’t wait to go get it. The Rogers bass drum will be the next to figure out. I don’t know a thing about them and this will be going to a new home asap because I don’t need it as much as I need the space!

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think it's a later (80's) COS Premier 1026 model. I've owned a few & they are good, affordable "sleeper' snares.
Yes! Now that i’ve got some info I see that is just what it is. The 1006 has no center bead as this does. Thank you!

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That’s all I needed to hear! I have a Premier “Olympic” 5” snare from who knows where…. It’s always been a good instrument. Had it since the 80’s.

Yeah, this was up on CL and FB Marketplace for two weeks. Really surprised it lasted this long. I saw it days before and ignored it (dumb) because I thought it was all junk. After a second look I couldn’t wait to go get it. The Rogers bass drum will be the next to figure out. I don’t know a thing about them and this will be going to a new home asap because I don’t need it as much as I need the space!
The Rogers bass is the Big R/Memriloc era. Great stuff. Looks like a 24?