Premium membership and Ad free options.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Over the past yr or so we have had numerous requests.....the 2 that were most common was....some members would still like to conribute
and was there a way to not see the ads....well with the help of our tech team we have come up with 2 options.

1) Premium membership. by donating $20.00 for the yr you become a Premium member, there will be a badge under your username
that says Premium Member.....and your user title will change to a special blue color.

2) Premium Ad Free. By donating $25.00 for the yr, This option removes all ads and the sidebar and also comes with the badge
that says Premium Member and your user title also changes to the blue color.

These 2 options can be found here. https://www.drumforum.org/account/upgrades

Or you can go to your account. click account details. then scroll down and click on account upgrades.

Again just some options, any questions, just let me know.

Thanks, Ben and the DFO Team.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was waiting for the first people to try and subscribe (and post the results here) in case their are some issues. I guess their are issues. I'll be subscribing when they work out the kinks. Overall I think it's a great idea. I'm sure it costs money to run this forum and $20 a year ain't bad. That's $0.0547945205479 cents per day! Not bad at all!

Renoroger

Reaction score
The transaction proceeds as it would normally do until it becomes time to pay the merchant at which case I get a notification on the PayPal page that “things are not going well right now try back later”, it did that a couple times ...

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ben, I received the same error message on Saturday for each of my three attempts.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if the payment method has to do with it. For example, I've made PayPal purchases thru eBay where the payment has not gone thru because the seller doesn't accept PayPal using bank account payments. Then I've tried paying thru PayPal using a credit card and it's gone through OK.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
I wonder if the payment method has to do with it. For example, I've made PayPal purchases thru eBay where the payment has not gone thru because the seller doesn't accept PayPal using bank account payments. Then I've tried paying thru PayPal using a credit card and it's gone through OK.
I was doing my best to use a credit card but was logged in to my PayPal account. PayPal might have tried to use my linked bank account for some unknown reason. I've checked and my credit card isn't expired and was used successfully for a purchase via PayPal two months ago. I'm international not domestic US and thought it could be that, but others have reported the same error. It would be useful to know if anybody has managed it yet.

On a side note, I presume this is setting up an ongoing subscription not just a one off purchase. Can anybody confirm that? It might be another wrinkle with PayPal.

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No good via PayPal....

Just tried.

I will try my cc...

Looks like the only way to pay is via PayPal.

"Something not working right" Return to merchant....

Stixnergard2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting, getting paid to include advertising on the site and then asking us to pay to remove the ads and malware. No thanks, it was much nicer without the advertising and us members making good faith Paypal donations