Prequel to “Toad” with Graham Bond Organization (Camels and Elephants)

KevinD

Reaction score
Don't think I've heard that first one before. Baker played some interesting things.

That "Harmonica" tune from Graham bond stuck with me for years after I first saw it (probably on Ch 9 out of NY ) when I was a kid.
Bond had a great texture to his voice, really talented guy but I guess he got lost along the way.

Crazy move but the drummers scene makes it worth watching.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Liked them both. However, the "Harmonica Player" did not need all that prehistoric MTV sort of rubbish. Thanks for sharing!

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hearing Ginger's work with The Graham Bond Organization made me realize why so many of his contemporaries idolised him so. He was on a different planet from them at the time. Nobody was doing this stuff in England circa 1964-5. Truly revolutionary drummer and band. Such a shame that Bond was never able to get it together like his peers: he was an instigator who never got the recognition.

ZiggyM

Reaction score
Ginger studied with Phil Seaman. Phil had a big record collection of African music according to a friend, who also studied with Phil. So it's understandable that Ginger was influenced by that, plus there was quite a few African musicians around at that time.
I was lucky enough to see the GBO on a couple of occasions when I was a kid (12) Really, seeing a band like left a huge impression.
Of course the recordings don't do it justice. They sounded so good...and that was before big PA rigs

Latest posts