Price Drop! Slingerland 1956 Gene Krupa Deluxe Radio King Ensemble N-1 in Sparkling Red Pearl

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Slingerland 1956 Gene Krupa Deluxe Radio King Ensemble EN-1 in Sparkling Red Pearl. Nice players-plus set. Mahogany/poplar/mahogany shells with a solid shell maple snare. The set is well kept and mostly original. Additional pictures and wordiness listed below (it’s become a disease). Just selling so no trades of interest. PayPal. PM as needed. Thanks in advance for your positive comments and likes here/there.

Now $1850 plus shipping

1594739175374.jpeg

1594739238584.jpeg

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Now THAT'S the schizzle! Talk about authentic experience....and seller has many good pics up at the Reverb ad.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, I grant this set the Forum award for a For Sale item with the most vintage character and for being, by it's very good looks at least, most capable of delivering the vintage Radio King experience that can function well in a modern setting.

40's RK's can definitely deliver a certain vintage experience unique to their time, fair enough, but these are such a fine example of a late RK set, easily playable today.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, I grant this set the Forum award for a For Sale item with the most vintage character and for being, by it's very good looks at least, most capable of delivering the vintage Radio King experience that can function well in a modern setting.

40's RK's can definitely deliver a certain vintage experience unique to their time, fair enough, but these are such a fine example of a late RK set, easily playable today.
Thank you! Recently on Drum History Podcast someone mentioned that my era shells might even have the same composition of the 40’s RK’s.

Thanks again for your supportive words!

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you! Recently on Drum History Podcast someone mentioned that my era shells might even have the same composition of the 40’s RK’s.

Thanks again for your supportive words!
You're welcome! And I'm not even a "Slingerland guy," but I do know that we get requests around here for "Which vintage drums should I buy?" from the curious and novices. Well, they should buy these!

Latest posts