Probably need your opinion again

Hi!

Reaction score
So about 3 weeks ago I posted a thread about, which drum should I got, because I'm planning to buy a new drum. Now I'm thinking of just keeping the drum that I have now: a 9-year-old drum, which I started all my 9 years journey of playing drums, and just change (buy new) accessories. Like heads, pedals, cymbals, and probably a really good "$150 - $200" snare drum, so what do you think? And also somebody in my previous forum says it will help more if I give my state name, it's Indonesia. And if you can recommend like the heads, pedal, etc. It will just help me a lot more. It's like a 2 question now:1. What do you think of just buy new accessories instead of buying new drums? and 2. if Yes, then if you can, just give me the recommendations because I literary have no idea which one to get, if you want or can though. If you just want to answer the 1st question or just the 2nd question, it is totally fine to me, if you just want to see this thread and not going to answer...don't know about that one lol.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Depends what do you need/want more? New drums or new stuff for your drums?

Not sure how the market is over there but I’m sure shipping from the states would be outrageous. There’s good used sets all
Over the states on music go round and other sites. As far as new stuff for your drums. You can never go wrong with remo emperors on tops and ambassadors on bottom with a power stroke 3 head or Evan’s emad for the kick. As far as pedals you can find those used as well. I love dw pedals but tama, Gibraltar, etc all make good pedals in which you could find a lot cheaper used as well. Snare drum in that price range you go go a world max brass snare. They’re everywhere. Or pork pie they make excellent snare drums. Cymbals you’re in the east. I’d say try and find some of the companies over there. Or buy used as well. It’s really what ever you prefer. Best of luck!!!

Hi!

Reaction score
Depends what do you need/want more? New drums or new stuff for your drums?

Not sure how the market is over there but I’m sure shipping from the states would be outrageous. There’s good used sets all
Over the states on music go round and other sites. As far as new stuff for your drums. You can never go wrong with remo emperors on tops and ambassadors on bottom with a power stroke 3 head or Evan’s emad for the kick. As far as pedals you can find those used as well. I love dw pedals but tama, Gibraltar, etc all make good pedals in which you could find a lot cheaper used as well. Snare drum in that price range you go go a world max brass snare. They’re everywhere. Or pork pie they make excellent snare drums. Cymbals you’re in the east. I’d say try and find some of the companies over there. Or buy used as well. It’s really what ever you prefer. Best of luck!!!
Thank you so much, I finally have a base to start with