~~Professional Percussion Center ---NYC

DrumLug

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember this drum shop ? I thought it was great ! Did anyone notice the Gene Krupa snare with gold hardware....{just as you walked in, to the right. }

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I used to make a point of stopping into Frank's shop everytime I was in NYC. In fact, they redid some Pearl 10" & 12" fiberglass concert toms for me, double-heading them. Once upon a time in the mid-70s, they sold me a single white 8" North tom (a Roger North original with the round silver foil badge -- wish I still had it). Great shop, great people. Sorely missed.

DrumLug

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's it JR..! 47th Street, i recall.....Hell....That could be Steve Maxwell's new digs...!

jrfrond

DFO Master
Reaction score
It was a actually 46th Street. Steve Maxwell's is 723 7th Ave., corner of 48th St.

FYI- Ippolito's also did the concert tom conversions on Gadd's famous Pearl/Gretsch/Ludwig kit, the ORIGINAL "Fusion" kit.

carlo cavallini

Reaction score
I was there in 1982 during an Elvin Jones clinic ... I remember the presence of Mel Lewis in the audience...

Tanabata

Reaction score
I still have my 22" oxblood leather cymbal bag that I bought there in the late 70's.

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I sure as heck feel eleven years older :)- JR, gutenberg and DrumLug where are you???????

Welcome to the forum Carlo.
Coy