header.nohb.html

Promark Fire Grain Sticks

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Has anyone used these sticks?
They seem good, but are expensive.
Wondering whether they are worth the extra money.

ProMark Drum Sticks - Classic Forward 747 Drumsticks - FireGrain For Playing Harder, Longer - No Excess Vibration - Lacquer Finish, Oval Wood Tip, Hickory Wood

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I bought a few pair when they first came out. I was looking for wood tip sticks that would have more durable tips. The tips did hold up better, and the shoulders did as well. YMMV.

Jhouse86

Reaction score
They held up good, but they left marks on my coated heads. That's not a deal breaker for me, but it might be for others.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I have only played a couple pairs. Never broke any of them, whittled the shank of one of them to almost a toothpick and it still hasn't snapped. Vibrates less than your average Promark stick. Reminded me for some reason of what Vater sticks feel like.

Promark has pretty much lost me with their stick prices(and their ability to delete all of my favorite models from their line up)

KCJazz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not particularly.
The OP included this: ProMark Drum Sticks - Classic Forward 747 Drumsticks - FireGrain For Playing Harder, Longer - No Excess Vibration - Lacquer Finish, Oval Wood Tip, Hickory Wood

To have been clear, my comment should have been: "What does that even mean...no excess vibration?"

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
The OP included this: ProMark Drum Sticks - Classic Forward 747 Drumsticks - FireGrain For Playing Harder, Longer - No Excess Vibration - Lacquer Finish, Oval Wood Tip, Hickory Wood

To have been clear, my comment should have been: "What does that even mean...no excess vibration?"
I have no idea. That is the description that Promark provided.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like my cymbals too much to use wood that hard. When it comes to aggressive playing, something has to give and I'd rather it be the cheapest link in the chain.

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have them and like them a lot, I have theirs with a sticky something on it, so, they don't slip out of your hands...But I'm not good enough to be a good adviser on that, I like the Gadd and the Weckl sticks too and they are different...And never break one...as never break any of my sticks too...

Mapex Always

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes I use them …. There’s some underneath ready to go , and in my stick bags … the 747 won’t break on the body , shaft or neck - the stick is stronger in those area’s , but the tip seems to have a stiffer hit making it chip quicker ,, but does give you a harder ping if that’s what your looking for.

Leaves marks on heads and cymbals during your first day or two of use , then this phenomenon typically stops.

Hopes this helps.

Love using all different sticks , adore Promark!

0D7B1E69-8E7E-4B9E-8B3B-895001637E16.jpeg

954293D3-4852-4A40-A3F4-54589EDB0119.jpeg

25E61D6A-E781-49BD-82DD-BD3DE058D18F.jpeg