Promark MJZ-11 sticks

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looking for some Promark MJZ-11 sticks.

I love these things but they have been discontinued and I only have 1 pair. With being discontinued, they must not have been that popular so maybe some of you guys bought some and didn't like them and they are sitting there unused and taking up space.

Maybe someone has seen them at a local drum shop?

I've looked around online and haven't seen any.

Thanks
Screenshot_20200204-093349_Chrome.jpg

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
hey buddy...
as I was a pro mark endorser for years, there's a STRONG chance I ended with a few of these pairs...maybe a bunch...lemme check through my old stash and I'll get back at ya!
be blessed/d#

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
hey buddy...
as I was a pro mark endorser for years, there's a STRONG chance I ended with a few of these pairs...maybe a bunch...lemme check through my old stash and I'll get back at ya!
be blessed/d#
Awesome! Thank you for looking.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is there another brand that makes a similar model?
Length, diameter and similar tip?

Vic Firth and Vater have so many choices.

And Zildjian and ..?

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Or

For instance
Thanks for the links.

Like probably most every drummer out there, I've got a dozen or so different types of drumsticks. I'll take a few with me whenever I go jam with the guys and everytime I end up with the MJZ-11's in my hands for the majority of the night.

I thought they might get torn up being so small and being made of maple but they hold up really well, at least for me, but I'm also not a heavy hitter and we have a small jam space so I'm not trying to get a lot of volume. I also really like the small ball tip for my cymbals and the tips have held their shape. I'll need to find something else since they are discontinued but thought maybe I might be able to find a couple of pairs to hold me over during the quest. I wouldn't mind finding something almost exactly the same but slightly longer just to see.

I also have carpal tunnel and these sticks do not beat up my hands with vibrations.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The zildjian 7A with ball tip

Really nice

Max Roach and Billy Hart used/use them

But they are Hickory

Latest posts