Psychedelic Red Bongos and Canister

jakriss

Reaction score
Hello again forum vintage owners. Rudi here in Orlando still looking for some vintage and authentic p-red bongos and canister to go with my blue note set. Photos on my site page. Missed a set from Bun but interested in re-connecting with a new source. Send message if available or interested. Have a dozen or so vintage Zildjian cymbals available for sale or trade.

Rudi

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
The bongos are out there somewhere. In all my years of collecting and looking (around 30), I have only seen 1 pic of a psych red canister throne. I'd say rare is an understatement.

Reaction score
that canister will not happen get over it, bongos maybe

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
There are certain things where if you NEED it, a repro is fine - a Psych Red canister is probably one of them. It’s not even like doing a fake drum where the shell construction matters to the sound. In actuality, you could build something better than Ludwig ever did.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I have thought it would be cool to do a citrus mod one to match my 1971 set as I will never find one of those.

el_37

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember during one of my low drum collecting interest periods that happens from time to time- I passed up on a set of Psychedelic Red CONGAS.

Still kicking myself over that one..... Anyone on here wind up with them?

Latest posts