Psychedelic red offer, fair price?

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you did well.... especially since you got the extra floor tom (18) ; great winter project to work on and not much invested.Looks like the front hoop and the 16" and possibly the 18" floor tom chrome hoops are in the photo with all the heads..congrats!

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, for that amount you did great. I absolutely love cleaning up old drums and that one would be a joy.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW! Since this photo is in black and white, I almost thought this was a Ludwig oyster black set :icon_e_biggrin: Love those GIANT bas drums and stands...what would they be ....32" or??????
Those would be 36's! They have to be somewhere. Probably coffee tables...

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats! 18 floor, triple holder, and the ride! Well done!

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
So the the story ends sadly. After shaking hands on the deal and the son saying he was happy to make the deal that he offered(he suggested the price of 1000 not me.) He callled me up before I came back with the money and said that his father did not want to sell the set at that price and needed something closer to his original posting price. I told him thanks but no. I did tell him that if someone does buy the set, please let the new owner have my number and I would be happy to purchase the ride cymbal trom them.
No big deal for me, but I really wanted the cymbal.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
So the the story ends sadly. After shaking hands on the deal and the son saying he was happy to make the deal that he offered(he suggested the price of 1000 not me.) He called me up before I came back with the money and said that his father did not want to sell the set at that price and needed something closer to his original posting price. I told him thanks but no. I did tell him that if someone does buy the set, please let the new owner have my number and I would be happy to purchase the ride cymbal trom them.
No big deal for me, but I really wanted the cymbal.
Dang, that's a bummer. Maybe Dad will find out they aren't quite as valuable as he thinks.

They won't sell the cymbal separately?

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Dang, that's a bummer. Maybe Dad will find out they aren't quite as valuable as he thinks.

They won't sell the cymbal separately?
No, and I understand that they will probably get more interest with vintage cymbals included. I will try back in a couple weeks and see if they have decided to come down in price

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondwring where these are. In our neighborhood? I have too many drums now, as you know, but love progects. I love a challenge.! Thanks, let me know. I have the WFL's still. Let's talk.

cwdrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tony and Lane hi from your Boise Idaho neighbor. Agree get back with the gentleman in a few weeks and see if he has softened a bit. Patience is a virtue :) Lane have you sold or had any interest in those pink MIJ Tempro's?
Coy

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Dad is right. That kit is probably worth $2000 all day long unless something is messed up with the shells.

Certainly seller will get more interest in the full kit with cymbals and hardware. But, at the same time, they will net less money sell all 3 major pieces together.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
The Dad is right. That kit is probably worth $2000 all day long unless something is messed up with the shells.

Certainly seller will get more interest in the full kit with cymbals and hardware. But, at the same time, they will net less money sell all 3 major pieces together.
The messed up parts are on the smaller Tom's. See pics. Lifted edges with corners broken off. Also 12 had crack in middle of wrap.
20210925_104243.jpg
20210925_104306.jpg
20210925_104321.jpg
Floor Tom's also lifted but not cracked

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal !! Congrats !!