Put down my Princess today

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, grew up with 4 cats and a dog....never a dull moment, all good, sounds like she had a good run and home.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. I had to let my nearly 13 year old pooch go a little over a year ago. Still feel it.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
It's been a year since we put down our cat, on the day of my 6yo's birthday party. She was my cat, and I couldn't even be in there with her because my son was so upset I had comfort him, and so my very-not-cat-person wife had to go in with her instead. It's been a long year without any pets. Once in a while I think about bringing one home anyway, and just deal with the ensuing year long argument.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
I may not be able to relate to a lot of posts about kids, since I do not have children - but I can surely relate to losing a beloved feline. When it happened to me, the one thing that kept my head up for quite some time was that we gave her such a good life. Knowing that your furry feline friend was loved and cared for may make the pain worse now, but will give you some peace in the future. They are truly blessings, aren't they?

Freewill3

Reaction score
Oh man...sorry to hear the news. That's a heart breaker for sure. Loving my 15 year old cat more everyday.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The days we say goodbye to our furry friends are always difficult and emotional. I've had to put down 5 cats over the years and it is never easy. Sorry for your loss.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
The days we say goodbye to our furry friends are always difficult and emotional. I've had to put down 5 cats over the years and it is never easy. Sorry for your loss.
I went with Mom to put down her dog years ago. The vet was explaining the process as they always do, and told of having to put down their family dog. And the vet, who probably does this a few times a week, cried.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wanted to respond with my proper condolences the day you posted this Wayne. I saw your post exactly one week to the "hour" that we put our 10yr. old Maine Coon mix, Clyde down (lymphoma).

But when I sat down to post....well...it just wasn't working. I'm sure you understand.....

I am so sorry you had to go through with it too, and yes-nothing easy about it. In fact, I was sincerely surprised at how hard it really was (is). We've have gone through it before with other pets, and even other cats-but Mr. Clyde was a special guy, and my wife's best buddy.

Wishing you peace, good memories and warm thoughts from family, friends, and drum-brothers...

Our Mr. Clyde....ten years ago...

IMG_5467 - Copy.JPG

Last Monday...

Clyderesize2.JPG

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That was very thoughtful, and heart wrenching. Just when I thought I could dry my eyes:pale:

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When I was four years old our cat had kittens and we kept the only boy in the litter. I named him Tommy and he lived to be 21. I took a picture of him in 2010 that I immediately made my phone background and I've never changed it in that time. It's hard to imagine I will at any point in the future. He was a very sweet cat.

IMG_3744.PNG

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When I was four years old our cat had kittens and we kept the only boy in the litter. I named him Tommy and he lived to be 21. I took a picture of him in 2010 that I immediately made my phone background and I've never changed it in that time. It's hard to imagine I will at any point in the future. He was a very sweet cat.

View attachment 425454
Nice lookin’ boy for sure....

Soulfinger

Reaction score
Gosh, I feel for you - so sorry about your loss.

I just can´t imagine life without our boy - the thought that he might be gone one day gives me the creeps.
Simba has done more for the sanity and well-being of our little family than any human being. He´s just the sweetest. And he likes my gear (though he prefers me not to use it :) ).
IMG_0583.JPG

sammy123

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. It's amazing to me how these animals transform our lives. It's truly magical. My condolences to you.

Latest posts