Putting wood veneers on bare shells

derik999

Reaction score
Are there any companies that will put exotic wood veneers on your bare shells (Keller Maple) if you send them to them?

I love the Mappa Burl veneers with the colorful fades that you see on some of the high end DW kits, but I'll never be able to afford one.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They installed a veneer on a shell I purchased from them. Greg is a great guy, it won't hurt to ask. I'm not sure though.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Member JCCabinets is a cabinet maker who put wood veneer on some XP8 shells and did great job. Check with local cabinet maker to do that same. No shipping and you can talk face to face.

snare and concert tom shells.jpg

REF

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Indeed, I would say any professional woodworkers in your area would do it. Just also ask for samples of their work. I'm sure there are also hobbiests in your area that would do it and do it fine but, unless you know of a woodworkers' list, via a club or something, there isn't much of a way to find out who and where they are to contact them.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
When I needed a professional woodworker to do some work on a Slingerland shell for me years ago, I just looked in the phone book and call it around and told him straight up what I wanted. I had a guy tell me he needed $60 an hour and I begged him to do a couple of cuts which took literally 2 minutes and I still gave the guy $25 and he was happy.

Latest posts