Q Drum Co. ?

yotr

Reaction score
I have decided to get a new kit soon but not sure which direction to go brand wise. I had a kit about a year ago and stupidly sold it. I won't do that again (my wife won't let me this time, lol). I had a Ludwig classic maple in the past and an INDE kit for my last one. I play a 1 up/1 down set up so I know that's what I want again. I have been looking at Q drums and really like what they bring to the table. I am leaning towards getting a metal set of drums so it seems natural to look at their kits. I found a few comments in the forum but I also wanted to get some feedback from current owners.

They are definitely on the pricier side so I am looking at a few other options. I actually found a Q Drum Birch set that sounds insane but I have never had that type of wood for a drum set. I also might just go back to Inde and get a kalamazoo series aluminum set.

I think for me, I am really just considering 3 brands: Q Drum, Ludwig, and Inde. I am not opposed to a wood set from any of the three but thinking metal right now.

Thank you in advance!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Why do you want a kit with metal shells ? I am not disparaging your choice , just curious on why you decided on a metal shelled kit .

yotr

Reaction score
Why do you want a kit with metal shells ? I am not disparaging your choice , just curious on why you decided on a metal shelled kit .
Honestly I don't have a good reason. I found a few of the Q drums and liked their sound (copper and galvanized steel). I also found a birch wood Q Drum set though and that sounded amazing. I also loved the sound samples for the Kalamazoo series from INDE drum. I am not opposed to wood and still very well might go that route. I just like the look and sound I am hearing out of the metal ones.