Q Drums!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
My local drum shop is a dealer. Beautiful drums they are. Stainless Steel with 10 ply maple rings. Thing is. The kit proudly uses rivets. The snare is copper. A little too rich for my blood for sure.

42C357F8-1630-4DD3-B728-EE6EE337CABC.jpeg
B3188219-B38C-4F27-A515-66DBD0F0AAAD.jpeg

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw a band locally about 1.5 years ago, and their drummer was playing Q drums. They sounded super fat.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had a chance to check out some of their drums at Lone Star Percussion. They certainly look cool, though out of my price range. I tapped on a Q kit last year that was (I think) a copper shell with maple rings for the bearing edges and was pleasantly surprised by the sound. I'd say they were big yet controlled if that makes sense. The rings gave the metal shells a surprising amount of warmth.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a Q copper kit for a while. An AMAZING sounding and playing set - very warm for being all metal, but still TONs of projection. My friend bought it from me as his band is considerably louder then mine.

I still have a Gentlemen's Copper snare. Their instruments are fantastic - the edges are REALLY good and easy to tune. Dan Bailey who toured with Father John Misty was playing Q (his choice, no endorsement). The base of that company are the original (before they got weird/cheap/dumb) OCDP guys. LA based.

Reaction score
Fritz LeWak, drumming with Jackson Browne, had a copper set in 2017.
They sounded fantastic, as did Fritz!

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jeff Friedl from A Perfect Circle played them for a long time. I think he’s with Ludwig now. But there are a few good live concerts on YouTube where you can hear the Q drums, including this one:

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Revival has had a few different Q’s in and they all sounded great. Other riveted drums I’ve tried were not so successful imo, with weird overtones.

Latest posts