Quality cb700 ... Is it possible?

rock roll

Reaction score
this took awhile to figure out what it was...I was into a parrallel throw snare drum kick for a little while, I saw this for sale .
Very heavy snare.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also, on the same topic.
I'll load pics of this kit tomorrow but the badge says it all.
I have this whole kit with 2 mounted toms and a 14" floor tom and it sounds great.
I am giving it to my buddy for his 11 year old nephew to start playing.
He told me that he had heard his nephew had started playing a wind instrument and didn't want him To get beat up.lol. He knows I have more drums than space so I was happy to do it.
But I will miss this kit , it's a beater but it sounds really good.
image.jpeg

kdgrissom

Reaction score
I've heard of this model.
It looks suspiciously similar to a Camco "Super 99"

rock roll

Reaction score
There's no badge , but I found online an advertisement that looked exactly like this.
Cb700 ... they used the same drum to keep costs down but put a lot of R and D into the throw.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The CB700 drums with the round "Wristwatch" lugs are from the "Mark" series, most of which were made for Kaman Corporation (owner and distributor of the CB700 brand, along with Gibraltar hardware, Ovation guitars, etc.) by Pearl and made of Asian mahogany in one of its forms. They also offered a rebadged version of the Pearl Free Floating Snare Drums in all their variations. I owned a "Mark Series" FFS snare and a large drum set from the series (see the second picture), and all of the mounting fixtures were stamped "Pearl" inside, and all other incidentals were identical to Pearl offerings of that time.

The Internationale drums were the budget line at the time.

GeeDeeEmm

rock roll

Reaction score
The CB700 drums with the round "Wristwatch" lugs are from the "Mark" series, most of which were made for Kaman Corporation (owner and distributor of the CB700 brand, along with Gibraltar hardware, Ovation guitars, etc.) by Pearl and made of Asian mahogany in one of its forms. They also offered a rebadged version of the Pearl Free Floating Snare Drums in all their variations. I owned a "Mark Series" FFS snare and a large drum set from the series (see the second picture), and all of the mounting fixtures were stamped "Pearl" inside, and all other incidentals were identical to Pearl offerings of that time.

The Internationale drums were the budget line at the time.

GeeDeeEmm

Great info!!
Thx, Jeff

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These are great snares! A student of mine brings one over & the possibilities of variation in snare tension make this a very versatile drum. I was a teeny bit jealous when he told me what he payed for it.

rock roll

Reaction score
These are great snares! A student of mine brings one over & the possibilities of variation in snare tension make this a very versatile drum. I was a teeny bit jealous when he told me what he payed for it.
I payed 137.00 incuding shipping so I was happy with it.
I felt that was a fair price.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
this took awhile to figure out what it was...I was into a parrallel throw snare drum kick for a little while, I saw this for sale .
Very heavy snare.

View attachment 390073
View attachment 390074
View attachment 390071
View attachment 390072
View attachment 390070

Also, on the same topic.
I'll load pics of this kit tomorrow but the badge says it all.
I have this whole kit with 2 mounted toms and a 14" floor tom and it sounds great.
I am giving it to my buddy for his 11 year old nephew to start playing.
He told me that he had heard his nephew had started playing a wind instrument and didn't want him To get beat up.lol. He knows I have more drums than space so I was happy to do it.
But I will miss this kit , it's a beater but it sounds really good.
View attachment 390069
You have a Marc snare drum from the 80's.
Tommy Wells used to speak quite highly of them.

Elvis

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
tommy wells used a cb piccolo snare drum on , foster and lloyds 1st album back in 1987 ....

Latest posts