Quarantine Madness - Short, Percussion-Only Compositions

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Been going a little batty without playing music, so I've put a lot of energy into home recording. It's not going great, but I think things are getting better slowly.

A friend asked me to do the "siri challenge" which entails creating some kind of composition around a lengthy answer from the Apple Siri tool. That led to this:

Made a little bass line with an 18" bass drum, and then built some stuff around that. Had a lot of fun and ended up making another:

How are you guys scratching creative itches with less or no rehearsals and performances?

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHOA....that was AWESOME... I've been trying to learn Abelton and creating tunes that way as I'm somewhat melodically challenged.

I've been working on a few projects building and fixing drums...on one hand I know I don't need the gear...but I know its keeping me centered and calm.

I would happily enjoy watching more of your compositions...keep posting here or let me know how to find you on youtube...

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
WHOA....that was AWESOME... I've been trying to learn Abelton and creating tunes that way as I'm somewhat melodically challenged.

I've been working on a few projects building and fixing drums...on one hand I know I don't need the gear...but I know its keeping me centered and calm.

I would happily enjoy watching more of your compositions...keep posting here or let me know how to find you on youtube...
Thanks so much, dtk! I really appreciate that. If I keep making these, they'll end up on the same youtube channel that the two clips above are on.

Genuinely interested in hearing or seeing others' quarantine creative pursuits though. Any one doing something new musically? Writing for the for the first time? Photography? How are you all coping?