Quest love add ons.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone added on to the quest love kit? I’m thinking of adding a 8” and maybe 12”. But I’m thinking I’d have to rewrap the whole
Kit. Or maybe precision can get the same wrap?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that blue wrap outside of Ludwig - it sure is pretty. As for drums, where would you source matching drums? Accent line? I don't think they make other sizes than the 10/13/16. Will you make your own? That won't be cost effective unless you really love that kit.

I tried to find a 10" tom to add to some Ludwig 3 ply shells I had (13 and 15). I found a super cheap Pearl 8x10 and was going to refinish it and add Ludwig lugs to make it look right. I gave up on the idea and ended up making a 12/14/16 kit.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've never seen that blue wrap outside of Ludwig - it sure is pretty. As for drums, where would you source matching drums? Accent line? I don't think they make other sizes than the 10/13/16. Will you make your own? That won't be cost effective unless you really love that kit.

I tried to find a 10" tom to add to some Ludwig 3 ply shells I had (13 and 15). I found a super cheap Pearl 8x10 and was going to refinish it and add Ludwig lugs to make it look right. I gave up on the idea and ended up making a 12/14/16 kit.
I seen a couple 8x7 element Tom’s floating around. Was thinking about using one of those. Figured it’s prolly about the same quality of wood. As far as the color I did find something pretty close. I planned on staining or painting the interiors and putting actual badges on the kit. I do like the kit alot. I redid edges on the whole thing and it sounds pretty good. Plus it just looks cool as a mini Ludwig kit.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So has anyone noticed the finish on the azure sparkle quest loves is insanely similar to the cheap kit rdavidr reviewed? Makes ya think they were both done in the same China factory.