Question about my Rogers swivomatic hi hat stand...

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
I have a 60’s swivomatic hihat stand similar to the one in the pic below. I love it but it’s just not the smoothest. The problem revolves around pressing down on the footboard. My newer hihat stands are much smoother. The spring also seems weak on the swivomatic. Is there any way to fix this or should I just respect that it’s probably because it’s old and just leave it alone?
56438915-4F95-4EE5-99D6-9E4FD7CB1A7A.jpeg

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could take it apart and clean/polish(if you feel comfortable enough to do so) and see if it makes a difference. Make sure no bends in rods, play/slop in heel plate(if heel plate. Picture shows solid)etc.
I fixed up an old 60s MIJ Pearl made stencil kit for a neighbors kids last year. The Hat was the old flat base style, rusted and sticky. it wasn't tough to disassemble and after cleaning I stretched the spring ever so slightly and it worked like new. I have taken apart Yamaha and Gibralter Hats as well. If the spring is broken or won't stretch local auto supply stores often have a selection of springs that will work. That's especially true when it comes to double end loop springs that work for Kick pedals. But of course if you can still get parts for the Swivo your in.