Question regarding Pearl BC 900 Stands

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Reaction score
Over the course of the past six weeks I have purchased two new Pearl BC 900 cymbal stands (purchased at different times but from the same store).

I have now recognized that one stand has a couple of additional pieces on it (a locking mechanism to "remember" the height setting at each slip joint). I don't know if I got "something extra" on this stand or if I got shortchanged on the other.

I am planning to head back to the store to ask about this, but I am not confident that the guys at this particular location really know what they're talking about.

If anyone can let me know what should be included as part of the regular stand, I would appreciate it.

GCG199

Reaction score
Going by the following link, the BC-900 stands don't include the memory locks as standard:

http://www.pearldrum...nds/BC-900.aspx

My guess is that the guys at the store you got them from were mixed up and didn't pay attention to their lack of consistency. (It happens when putting together lots of drum sets and hardware — only serious gear heads will notice it right away!)

I only see stock memory locks on the BC-2000 on the Pearl website.

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply -

I went back to the store, Sam Ash Music in Mayfield Heights, OH (suburban Clevaland) and bought a another new Pearl C-900 stand.

Before the guy opened the box I told him of the inconsistency in my previous two BC-900 purchases. When we checked the box, the new one had the memory locks on them so the conclusion was that I had been shortchanged on the stand I bought a few weeks ago.

The guy gave me a couple of extras at no charge so all of my hardware now matches and life is good.

I bought some extra items - sticks, bass pad, spring mount - to let him know that I appreciated the service.

GCG199

Reaction score
I am glad to have helped — and that they hooked you up at Sam Ash.

I guess that Pearl added the memory locks later on, but wasn't able to tell by looking at the pictures.

Latest posts