Quick Question about the Slingerland 12-lug snares...

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love it when you post these. Such a beautiful and classy set of drums.
Do you still have em?
Oh yeah!! The are usually my main gigging set although with the lockdown and no gigs for three months, I have them set up in my studio and have been recording/practicing on them. Over the years I have expanded the set. Added three 18” bass drums to find the right sound. A three ply is the one. I added a 12x12 which works nicely as a small “floor” Tom. Recently added the 16x14 Stubblefield bass drum. And O have a couple of Slingerland drums That have different finishes that also sound good. I have done other really good drums including round badge bop and standard sizes. A rosewood Sonor that is amazing. The Slingerland are just my sound!!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. Sweet. Yeah, that's a cool drum.
But I was talking about an 8", raw brass version, like my shell.
D. B.!

Can you post pictures of your drum? My research isn't coming up with any 12-lug drums like you have. Pictures would certainly help. How about showing the badge and serial number? There certainly are some uncatalogued Slingerland drums, so pictures always help.

-Mark

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
D. B.,

So, I was looking at the 1983 Slingerland catalog at drumarchive.com and there is a brass 8x14 12-lug snare drum. Slapshot strainer with lacquered brass shell and hardware. However, you say that your shell is raw brass. Again, pictures please!

Attached is a picture of the drum from the internet.

-Mark

Attachments

Latest posts