Quick question regarding Paiste Dark Energy mk2 Ride

TomPotti

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a 21'' Dark Energy Ride mk2 in the mail.

I noticed a good bit of waviness along the perimeter of the cymbal. I'm not sure if this is from hammering or mishandling. I also have a 22'' version and I don't think it's wavy like this. Took a couple of photos to show you.

Anyone out there who can comment on this? Given the edge dent, I have a feeling it's related to mishandling. Thanks.

Attachments

Soulfinger

Reaction score
My Mk1 is a bit wavy, as were the Sig Traditionals I had. That seems to be part of the deal.
The edge dent is another story - I´d say the cymbal has taken a hit there.

TomPotti

Reaction score
Sounds good, but the edge damage wasn't reported. Might have occurred during shipping.

ggmerino

Reaction score
I have the 21" and it is perfectly round- no dents or waves. Hammering ends a bit before the edge. Paiste are pretty anal about quality control.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My 21” DE MKII has no dents...edge is completely smooth. That looks like it was dropped or damaged in some other way.
btw, I purchased it used on Reverb...

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It should be completely flat on the edges - if you put it on a flat surface, you should be able to tap the top of the cymbal and there should be no play. Check out the video below at 4:24. IMO your's looks defective, probably from shipping...

Check out the video at 4:24: