Quick shout out to hazelshould and DFO

FlowTom

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I go visit his site, trouble awaits. That's my crack house. He's always got something that I seem to end up craving.
He got me to the point where I wouldn't buy a cymbal without hearing a sound sample.
Used to be I'd buy a cymbal if a similar cymbal sounded good five years earlier at the Memphis Drum Shop.
You can go to Gerry's site and do searches that are filtered by the maximum amount you're willing to spend - and he'll have something that rocks your world for a few dollars more.
Stuff I bought from CL, Mus. Friend and Reverb is long gone. I still have everything I bought from Gerry.

Last edited:

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerry. Nice guy. Great cymbal business. I'm not sure about his drumming abilities though. The last gig he had he could ONLY get a gig playing with Dick Dale*.
Stretch

*Disclaimer: playing for Dick Dale is a very challenging drummer gig. No set list. You watch Dick closely for impossible to see cues. And you have to play like hell to keep up. GREAT drummer and a really nice guy.

Slingwig26

Reaction score
I moved to Guam in '14 and since then have lessened my gear buying because of access and shipping costs. I'd peek into DFO every once in a while. Recently I got the bug to try 15" hats and looked around cymbals here and found a thread that DFO member hazelshould was on ebay.

I found a pair he was selling and he was phenomenal with the communication and was willing to go out of his way to check shipping to Guam. In the end I had to ship to stateside family but he was super cool and sent them quick. I'm excited to try them out.

I just wanted to give much thanks to him and recommend him to you all. Also a huge thanks to DFO for connecting great people and drummers for so long. I'll post pics once they arrive to their new tropical paradise home.
I have bought from him also. Never disappointed. Has a great site and lots of sound files. Also great customer service. I had all questions answered in a quick manor, even when I was "tire kicking".

hazelshould

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!! I’m blushing!! Thank you for such kind, warm words - and all of the love and support over the years/decades.

Buying, playing, selling, collecting, hitting, learning about cymbals is one of life’s joys, but it would be miserable to do it alone. All of you - from transactions to emails to phone calls to in-person - all of you have made the last 20+ years of drum and cymbal slinging and sleuthing not only enjoyable, but truly meaningful to me. Thank you so much.

Please never hesitate to reach out (text, call, email) should you have a question about something I have - or just a question.

Man minus label, thank you for the shout out, and Stretch, you are the embodiment of soul on the drums. It’s been a pleasure sharing the stage.

Drums and cymbals are the conduit, they remind us we are all connected.

Gerry/Hazelshould.