I need a few Radio King parts:

10 bass drum T rods, from the "cloud badge" era

2 muffler/tone control knobs

Thanks!
Mk

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
There are at least 2 types of T rods used during the 1936-1948 cloud badge era (rounded centers and barrel centers)
And there are probably 3-4 style of mufflers used depending on where in the era your drum was manufactured. At least 2 different type of knurled muffler knobs.
Good thing is that all these parts interchange. But if you want a really correct restoration....a photo of your cloud badge (there are 6 types) will show which parts fit your drum "best."

markekaylor

Reaction score
There are at least 2 types of T rods used during the 1936-1948 cloud badge era (rounded centers and barrel centers)
And there are probably 3-4 style of mufflers used depending on where in the era your drum was manufactured. At least 2 different type of knurled muffler knobs.
Good thing is that all these parts interchange. But if you want a really correct restoration....a photo of your cloud badge (there are 6 types) will show which parts fit your drum "best."
That's good to know, here's some pics.

Mk
20211123_124217.jpg
20211123_124237.jpg

Attachments

dan1434

Reaction score
I have these i believe they are slingerland...
IMG_3993.jpg

markekaylor

Reaction score
Actually now that I'm looking at pics of Radio King T rods it appears that what I have on the drum are something else...
But I do believe my claws are correct.
Which means I need 20 T rods, dang!

Mk

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looks like mid to later 40's type of cloud badge. Mufflers would probably be the maroon tinted ones.
The claw and rod you show aren't early Slingerlands. Look more like Gretsch rods to me. So you might need 20 rods/claws for your drum.
The Slingerland rods are straight across with knobs on the ends. Lots of examples of them on Reverb and EBay. Cooper's Slingerland Drum article has specifics on them.
Correct for your badge would be the 2nd type used in the mid to later 40's with a barrel center....and they are the most commonly seen as well.