Rain on the weekends

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Please tell me I am not the only one who has had outdoor gigs canceled due to weather for the past three weeks! Man, it is frustrating. It will be blue skies and nice weather Monday-Friday, but the past few weekends have had rain. We are expecting severe weather tomorrow, so yet another gig canceled.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it ironic? It’s like raaAaaiiiiiin on your scheduled gig day! (Etc.)

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Is anyone from the Southeast? I live there for 12 years. Some crazy, turn on a dime weather.
Usually the stages are covered, but when some of those thunderstorms, can ruin gear, as the wind can go from calm to hurricane force. At night nobody would see, or hear em coming. The lights blocked out the lighting, and music/crowd the thunder, until bam.
Depending where you are, this is storm season too. It can not only screw up your gear, but can kill.
If I see 20% chance or more, I'll bring my storm kit, and cymbals.
The drizzly type, just stinks. Cancelled gigs suck. Usually they will only set the stage up outdoors if the weather is supposed to be good. When it would rain, we'd usually set up indoor (when applicable). Idk if anyone knows what an ice house is???? No win rain, or shine