Rare 22" Zildjian Trans Stamp symphonic cymbal pair? NOPE - DEBUNKED.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These pair of cymbals was just on Ebay the past week. I noted the first 22" going off (2600 gm) and figured it would go high. And at $525 shipped + taxes it sold for plenty.
I wasn't in the mix at that level. But, then last night I was checking that same seller's items and see ANOTHER 22" that had just been listed for sale. At the time I didn't notice the photos were the same....or at least most were.
I think that was just the seller being lazy or clueless. Regardless, I tossed in a "comfortable" BIN offer since there were no bids yet on it....and that maybe they would figure a 2nd cymbal is worth less than the 1st one.

This morning the seller informed me it sold on a BIN offer for $400 (higher than me). They confirmed it was indeed a 2nd cymbal. If these were a matched original pair, I hope the winner on the 1st one got the mate.
What a shame to break them up if they were indeed an original pair. The seller wouldn't have had any clue on all this. Link to seller's sold items below where you can see both listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bellajulie1999/m.html?item=114863905551&ul_noapp=true&nma=true&nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&si=MmCt%2BiXGPE1c83tJuF5nyG8y2Ao%3D&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Hard to say if the proper wear pattern exists on the bottom side. There does seem to be some bottom side wear....but, if so, not a lot. If an original matched pair, I think they were worth a lot more than the $1000 or so the pair ended up selling for.
Would have liked to see a photo of the top of the 2nd cymbal to see if there was an "L" on top.

aa a1.jpg
aa a5.jpg
aa a3.jpg

Last edited:

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve seen this before. An eBay algorithm/program directs users to the popular auction while the same product, even by the same user, sits idle.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
Its a shame you missed out. My favorite crashable ride is an old a 22 from a pair of concert cymbals. 2332g. Unfortunately its partner was cracked before I got it, but its now an 18.5” riveted ride at at 2278 grams. These things were real thin at the edges. I’m no good at reading stamps though I assume mine are later.
9189E46F-DBBD-4F04-A273-181436D72D8E.jpeg
448CA86E-C6F2-409E-87C0-74FF3CDCDF5D.jpeg

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen this before. An eBay algorithm/program directs users to the popular auction while the same product, even by the same user, sits idle.
Not sure what you're getting at. The seller offered one 22" cymbal only. Once that sold....they went and made a listing for the 2nd one. They were never for sale at the same time.

===================

1988fxlr - the first photo appears to be a 60's stamp. The other one is too out of focus for me to hazard a guess.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at. The seller offered one 22" cymbal only. Once that sold....they went and made a listing for the 2nd one. They were never for sale at the same time.

===================

1988fxlr - the first photo appears to be a 60's stamp. The other one is too out of focus for me to hazard a guess.
Thanks. Its not out of focus. Its barely visible on the cymbal

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debunked. The seller re-listed one of the cymbals after supposedly selling it. Claimed the buyer couldn't come up with the money.

Once again, for the 3rd straight listing, the same photos were used. I told them they would surely get a return if this cymbal were not another trans stamp. They finally got around to
posting a proper 2nd set of photos. And sure enough.....not a trans stamp....nor even a 50's. Just a plain old 22" 1960's at 2670 gm. So much for the "matched" set of 22 symphonic trans stamps.
Even the "circle R" on that trans stamp was a red herring. False alarm......carry on.