RATT Friday Five Fer

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought they were a pretty talented group. I really liked the sound for the time.
Bobby did a great job on some of those songs. I liked the way he would double his bass hits at some odd moments.
And I really liked 'Round and Round' when it came out.
All in all, I liked them for that season of hair and banging. They hit the mark for me.
Thanks for once again bringing back some cool memories. Snappy, you seem to have a knack for that.

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Lay It Down' has always been my favorite Ratt tune. The riff and guitar tone sure feel like a nod to EVH, and it's just a great mid-tempo groove.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah.. high school days. Up in the woods above the little league field, case of beer or two, car full of skanks, Ratt blasting on the stereo...

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Massive RATT fan here from their Out of the Cellar debut in 1984. All five of those videos are terrific picks. Have seen a few different versions of the band over the years; the band has had probably 30+ members over the past four decades. Thanks for sharing this.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GEICO commercial is definitely the best thing Ratt ever did.
Amen to that:headbang:
I'm sure they couldn't be happier though. I haven't even heard that band's name in like forever until that commercial popped up- (Kudos to that whole advertising campaign)