REAL Ludwig Bowling Ball wrap!!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
So a friend of mine builds drums for a living.
The other day we were chatting about drum finishes and I mentioned my admiration for Ludwig's Blue Oyster Pearl finish, which is commonly referred to as a "Bowling Ball finish" because of its similarity to the look of some bowling balls.
Anyway, so he contacts me yesterday and says....
"Can get the Bowling Ball finish but... It's not stock, its a component replication...5 sheets each at $65 per sheet + S&H. Be totally cool to offer that finish again in an actual laminate instead of a print reproduction ".
So, if you're thinking about redoing your vintage Ludwig drums in this classic finish, or if you're thinking about a new set and thought this would be the finish for you, here's your chance.
I am in NO WAY involved in transacting any purchases. Only spreading the word.
If you're interested, please talk to the friendly and warm-hearted people at Boom Theory.
If its easier, they have a Facebook page, too.

Elvis

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bumwrap also makes bowling ball oyster blue and it looks exact!
I recently acquired an early 60's Ludwig Pioneer snare drum with the original Green Sparkle wrap removed. I'll post this in a separate thread. I've decided to wrap it in 60's Oyster Blue. I was having a really difficult time ordering a wrap sample on Bumwrap, using the PayPal link, so I just gave up. I received an email from Bumwrap the next day, as they noted that I wasn't able to complete the order. I explained the situation and they replied back that they are sending me the sample free of charge. Talk about customer service!

I'll be getting a swatch of Oyster Blue More Blue. I've heard lots of great things about this Oyster Blue from many of our DFO members!

-Mark

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

And one more in pink oyster :)

View attachment 425462

Last edited:

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Elvis and CW posted some rare bowling balls in their own right, those of the smallball variety (duckpin, candlepin, and fivepin). :)

I'm a bowler, and I've a few balls that are more or less like the diamond pearl finishes.