Reasonable Radio King built?

Roosto

Reaction score
Did this man craft a good RK copy?

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
There is nothing remotely similar to a RK on that drum. The lugs and strainer are the Ludwig Gretsch copy lugs and generic strainer found on some of their low end Accent drums. Wrong edges and wrong shell. The double flange stick chopper hoops are the only possibly similar detail but they ears of the hoops are modern and not the rounded over pressings like Slingerland used.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was interested in that drum and chatted with the seller. 3 ply mahogany shell.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A 1 Feedback seller. I'd give them more time to earn a reputation. That drum supposedly "sold" for best offer on 7/18. Now for sale again on 7/20. Seems a bit odd to me. And the $80 shipping for USA only is excessive. It all doesn't evoke a lot of confidence with this seller.

thestorysold

Reaction score
I thought that drum and the other one he has listed looked familiar. I actually stumbled upon his drum company page on Instagram recently. looks like it was started in May of this year. there are no demos though, which would be helpful.

I think it should be mentioned that the seller isn't marketing it as a Radio King copy.

Last edited:

thestorysold

Reaction score
A 1 Feedback seller. I'd give them more time to earn a reputation. That drum supposedly "sold" for best offer on 7/18. Now for sale again on 7/20. Seems a bit odd to me. And the $80 shipping for USA only is excessive. It all doesn't evoke a lot of confidence with this seller.
that feedback is as a buyer too- from the Keller shell company. $80 is quite a lot for shipping, even with the increase in rates these days.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
The only thing "Radio King" about that drum is the modern lugs. It's wrong on many levels it may sound okay....