Received a Free Drum from a Co-Worker

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Came into work Monday and one of my yard sale addicted co-workers walks into my office and sits down a pile of drum parts. He was at a yard sale this weekend and saw this on the table and asked the guy about it and his response was, "I can't even give this thing away!!" So my co-worker, being the awesome guy that he is, told him about me and how I like drums so he replied, "Here, take it to him. He can just have it!". I was absolutely floored. This is the first time anything like this had happened to me. Turns out the drum was bought new by this guys parents when he was in school and was just trying to clean things up around his house now that he is older. All the original parts were there, even the key! Got it home that night, striped it down, cleaned it up and just like that I have an almost mint condition Nov 28, 1966 Acrolite for FREE! Still can't hardly believe it....

Attachments

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't get any better than that! Free drum day!

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I don't actually believe in karma but.... last week I stumbled across a $50 70's Acro on Facebook marketplace and obviously jumped on it. I really did not need another Acro but I never turn one down. Around the same time, I found out that one of my good friends from high school who is living out in LA just finished going through a really ugly divorce. We played a lot of music together back in school and right now all he has to make music on is an economy level starter kit. I knew deep down that I should refurb the 70's Acro and send it to him as a surprise to try and cheer him up. I packed it last weekend and brought it to work to ship to him Monday. I literally walked into work with the 70's Acro under my arm when my co-worker came up to me holding the 60's Acro. I just couldn't believe it. Karma? A sign? Total coincidence? Call it what you will but there is no question that it is nothing short of amazing!

Latest posts