Recommend a hardware bag that takes throne

tomo221

Reaction score
The Ahead Ogio bag (any size) will certainly fit a full throne along with the rest of your hardware (depending on how much you use), but I've taken a slightly different approach that breaks up the weight distribution: My hardware bag holds the throne base, and a 14x14 floor tom bag holds my snare and throne top together. Works great!

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It is 16” across at the widest point. The tractor style seat is 4” thick if you just count the padding and 8” if you count the mounting hardware. It matches the curve of the top of the case nicely.
If you happen to have a pic of the packed case handy would be great to see it.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you happen to have a pic of the packed case handy would be great to see it.
It’s not fully packed with all the stands. But here’s how the seat fits in. It would normally sit higher up when the stands are underneath. Yellow bag is for bass pedal

Attachments

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s not fully packed with all the stands. But here’s how the seat fits in. It would normally sit higher up when the stands are underneath. Yellow bag is for bass pedal
Excellent, thank you

What length does the yellow bag inside measure across ?

Last edited:

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was breaking down at the practice spot for my 1st gig in quite a while & thought about this thread, so I took a couple pics.

It's a road worn 28" Ahead bag. Great bag. The only issue I've ever had with it is the aluminum pull out handle gets a little bent from the inside after awhile. I don't even pull it out anymore or I might not be able to get it to retract. It's not a big deal though, I just use the strap.

Empty except for an emergency stand, a cell phone holder & an LP claw cymbal holder for seriously tight stages where I'll lose a stand & run a 16 crash off my floor tom rim. Also have 4 mics & cords in the pocket.
PXL_20210503_225022465.jpg

Loaded with all my hardware. I keep my stick bag in my cymbal bag so if I'm backlined I don't have to dig it out of the hardware bag.

PXL_20210503_230214303.MP~2.jpg

Lastly goes my throne top & my rug. Holds everything snug.
PXL_20210503_230351437~2.jpg

Done.
PXL_20210503_230517460.jpg

Last edited:

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
28" Bag arrived and there's tons of room inside it for my throne and hardware.
I like those wheels.
Thanks Guys.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Congratulations. I also have the Ahead 28". Problem with the larger sizes, you'll put in too much stuff and want be able to pick it up to load. LOL

sherm