Recommend My LSR Ride

poetman

Reaction score
I have long been in love with Jimmy Cobb's cymbal at the Blackhawk session with Miles, and I am trying to hunt down an LSR that will get me in this range. Any thoughts? It will join a 22" Bounce in the main and old A hats.

Thanks for playing

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
It might help us to know what you have already tried and decided isn't quite right. Or is the 22" Bounce a new main ride for you and that caused you to start searching new?

In case you haven't spotted it yet there is a 20" proto Bounce Overhammered here:

and a Bettis which might also fit the bill. Depending on how may suggestions you get the problem may be too many choices rather than too few.

Last edited:

shnootre

Reaction score
I vote 19” dream Vintage Bliss crash-ride. Vive la difference!

thenuge

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe the question actually is: if you had a cymbal that sounded that good, why would it not become ‘the one’ and the frigging bounce gets relegated to saucer duty -used for sliding down hills on snowy days? But to answer your question, contact danagreg, who’s selling a pile of old K’s. And if you can’t get a deal, call Jesse Simpson and have him make you his version of the Blackhawk cymbal, which would come with complimentary wood panelled carpeted floor room with 60 people in it, swizzle sticks, and a vice squad stake out from 1960.

poetman

Reaction score
The 22" Bounce has been my main for a while. I suppose thenuge has a point. Of course, I won't find the exact Blackhawk sound, but I am trying to land close to that. I have been looking at various Bounce/K Con. models but wonder if a specific model/weight/size, etc. comes to mind for anybody.

Latest posts