Recommendation For Replacement Sticks

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really really like the black Steve Gadd sticks, but they are 15 3/4.
The barrel tip is a perfect size and I like the feel.....
Is there any other sticks out there that have a similar feel, weight and width and tip and are 16 inches.

In the meantime I am playing Regal 8a maple.

cplueard

Reaction score

Dennis Chambers stick is a close match and one of my favorite lower volume sticks.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Los Cabos Jazz model is where it's at! They come in red or white hickory. They have been my go-to sticks for several years now. IIRC, they are right at 16". They have a great barrel tip and are 0.575" diameter, again, IIRC. I am so glad I made the switch to this company.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It would appear that the Agner NY Fusion is right at the specs you request (13.9 x 408mm converts to .547 by a trifle over 16"), albeit with a garish green lacquer. If you're into it, I'll go grab you a pair from the store up the street and send them along gratis—I think they're a little rare in stores outside Oklahoma, as the US distributor is in Tulsa.
n-y-fusion-hickory-13-9-x-408-mm.jpg

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, into the Abyss. The Vic Firth Estick is almost identical to the Gadd but comes in at 16.5”. Trust me, this is the stick you are looking for. I own bricks and bricks.
08DCD692-9397-4ACE-A6B9-323376D28260.jpeg
08DCD692-9397-4ACE-A6B9-323376D28260.jpeg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Is there any other sticks out there that have a similar feel, weight and width and tip and are 16 inches.

I don't know the Gadd sticks. Never got a chance to try any, but I recently latched onto Vater Matrix sticks.
Barrel tipped and 16 1/8" long. .57" diameter.
Nice, agile stick that gives the cymbals a bit of a woody ping and won't over power lighter cymbals.

Elvis

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good day. Vic Firth Modern Jazz MJC4. Should match everything to a T , just the barrel tip is not as big as Gadd's.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
L.A.R custom sticks can replicate any stick out there, or customize to your liking. $7.00 a pair, buyer pays shipping.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice—how do I contact? I've a stick that needs replicating.
If you're on Facebook, contact Leroy.
Otherwise heres the website.

Bullseye_Doc_Holiday

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Check out the VF Steve Jordan signature. From SJ’s mouth it’s because he wanted a longer version of the Gadd stick. It is a little skinnier but it helps redistribute the weight. Another similar is the SD4 combo in maple.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score

Zildjian Kozo sticks are 16 1/4" long. They have a nylon barrel tip, very similar to the Gadd sticks. Same diameter, 8A.
I tried the Gadd sticks back in the day, but the short length didn't work for me. I had to hold them way back at the end to get rebound. I'm not Steve Gadd.

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It would appear that the Agner NY Fusion is right at the specs you request (13.9 x 408mm converts to .547 by a trifle over 16"), albeit with a garish green lacquer. If you're into it, I'll go grab you a pair from the store up the street and send them along gratis—I think they're a little rare in stores outside Oklahoma, as the US distributor is in Tulsa.View attachment 402002
Thanks, I just received.... cool color... they only weight 47 grams...they feel nice...big barrel tip which I like because it bounces off the heads really nicely.
I am sending out the Regals tomorrow... What I really like about Regal is the tacky lacquer finish that they use. Also very well balanced

Latest posts