Recording with Behringer Q802USB

MisterD

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have a Behringer Q802USB that I wanted to use to record my e-drum via USB. However when I try to record, I'm not able to hear either my instrument or the song. If I switch and hear both, the computer doesn't register anything.
Can somebody please suggest me a way to solve this problem?
Thanks.

electrodrummer

Reaction score
You need to give us many more details.
List everything
- drum module
- all cables linking everything to everything
- computer
- operating system
- application software

and exactly what you're doing - the entire process, e.g. where the "song" is, etc. and how you're listening to everything and exactly where it's plugged in etc.

MisterD

Reaction score
OK, I am using a Roland TD-17.
I connected its MASTER OUTPUT to the LINE IN 3 on the mixer. Then I plugged the USB into the computer (LENOVO notebook), where I am using Studio One (on Win10) to record my drum and play the song. Eventually, I connected my phones to the phones output of the mixer. I was then using the two switches of the mixer that direct the usb audio either to the main mix or to the phones. By changing this setting I could change what I was hearing/recording. By selecting USB to phones I could hear the song, but not the drum, whereas by selecting usb to main mix I wasn't able to register anything.
Hope it's a bit clearer.

Last edited:

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of the reviews on Thomann's page says "USB/2-track is single directional (either input or output your choice)", so it seems like it is not possible?

Too bad, I was actually considering a Q1202USB before I noticed this...

MisterD

Reaction score
One of the reviews on Thomann's page says "USB/2-track is single directional (either input or output your choice)", so it seems like it is not possible?

Too bad, I was actually considering a Q1202USB before I noticed this...
Actually I was able to have output and input, but I couldn't hear the input I was giving, in this case my drum. I found also a video on this topic that suggested some ways to fix the "problem", for instance by splitting the headphones jack and plug one channel in the phones output and the other in one main out channel.
I also found a review on amazon, which says that using a Xenyx 1002USB it is possible to have both input and output (I don't know how much this reviews are reliable).

However, I was now considering to buy a Yamaha MG10 XU, which I am pretty sure can do the work (and with a better quality), but it costs a lot more.