Recording yesterday (Rogers content) Video added!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had a blast yesterday recording video/audio of a new tune! I took a stripped down version of this kit: 20 & 12 Powertone with XP8 10x14 as floor tom, along with my Pearl COB 4214 & a Pearl Firecracker snare & 12,16.18 HHX Evolution crashes, a K ride & mixed Sabian/Cdn A 15" hats. We were limited on inputs and car space so I was hoping the little floor would do the trick. It most certainly did!
We did 3 live versions of the tune and will use 1 version of the audio and all the video to edt together for an upcoming promo video that I'll surely post here once finished.

Attachments

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
Looking forward to tat kit definitely looks capable of doing the job. Looking forward to the video; have you done music vids before?.....marko

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looking forward to tat kit definitely looks capable of doing the job. Looking forward to the video; have you done music vids before?.....marko
I've done a few videos so far. We were really lucky this time to have access to a lot of great equipment because our bass player works at a university. Bonne Année en passant!

My Rogers 10x14" makes a dandy compact "floor tom", It hangs alongside the 16x16" like a boss!
Lookin' good, EvEnStEvEn! I just got the first audio mix back and the 10x14 rumbles rightly.

View attachment 382874 View attachment 382875 View attachment 382873

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's a first working draft of the video:
I'm super happy with how the new-to-me HHX Evolutions sound on "tape". I could have gotten away with bringing the new 17" HHX legacy as I literally crashed once on the K ride, but it's destabilizing to not bring a ride.

Also, keep in mind that this was just an early release to promote a local upcoming show. The vocals will be redone. back vox added, then it will be mixed more judiciously.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That is nice, all of you sound really good