Reduction in Picture Size

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Before the launch of the new, and much improved, website, the maximum size for attached pictures was 1200x900 pixels. With the new website, picture size has been reduced to half of that, now at 600x450 pixels. This size is just much too small to show much detail of our prized drums and other related percussion items. It's gotten to where I really don't want to post pictures, as they just don't do my items any justice at this size. Is it possible to get back to the original picture size? Who made the decision to reduce them by half of what they used to be? Inquiring minds want to know!

-Mark

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
sometimes you can open the pictures in another tab then take that address and bracket it with the image triggers [ i m g /i m g ]

and it'll pop larger
in other words open image in another tab; then bracket the address with the image triggers

Attachments

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi JDA!

While I understand what you are saying, I'm not quite sure that the pictures will show any larger. Regardless of the picture size submitted, they will be resized to 600x450, so there's no way to view them larger. Your attached picture says it's 600x450. Did you submit it as a larger picture?

I still submit pictures at 1200x900, but they get resized on this website to 600x450!

I have attached pictures from older posts, submitted at 1200x900, that still show at that resolution. I can't help but think that it's a website software issue. VDF allows 1000x1000, but only 141kb file size, so you have to know how to reduce file size, which I do. I really liked the fact that DFO was 1200x900 and allowed much larger file sizes. I'd like to hear from the Admins as to why they chose to reduce the picture size by 50 percent.

-Mark