Reflexx vs any other pad on the market

codydee12

Reaction score
I did some reading on older posts on DFO. Seems like reflexx reviews (minus two or three posts) are overwhelmingly positive. But I see only one in stock on reverb. No other drum shops/online shops seem to have them available.
Anyways, I digress. What’s everyone’s favorite pad? Is reflexx really worth all the rage?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Aquarian Super Pad the most of any drum pad I have seen to date .

bconrad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pad. It‘s my second favorite pad mainly due to its low volume. The reduced rebound makes you work your technique over relying on bounce.

Markkuliini

DFO Master
Reaction score
Loving mine. Just the right amount of rebound so it's realistic and you just can't dribble away, so it makes you work. But you can still work on techniques that require the use of rebound with it, if you already are relatively familiar with that technique.
There's nothing magical about it per se, but it's pretty much the only pad that I've come across that his that sweet spot rebound-vise, and it's also really quiet.

If I understand correctly, it's a one man business, and he's having hard time meeting the demand.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I prefer prologix. My go to is the Johnny Rabb pad but I do like the blackout pad as well. The reason I prefer them over other brands is they come with a built in rim on most models, which I find to help me be more aware of where my sticks are landing as if they were on real drum.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've had my Reflexx pad a few years now and it is my primary, but not my only pad. I also use a RTOM Moongel Workout pad and a traditional gum type pad as well. Each has their own benefits (and I guess draw backs too), and therefore I don't think there is just one perfect tool /pad.
I also really like the Prologix line up, they have some nice pads, but I haven't pulled the trigger as I don't really care for the 'rim' on a pad (I just use the shoulder of the stick if I need to pull out a louder accent). I have played the Prologix at 'the' trade show and liked the feel and look of their products.

Last edited:

EyeByTwoMuchGeer

Reaction score
Reflexx is great. I used the ProLogix before that. I'd give the Reflexx a slight edge, but I still use the Prologix. They both have different feels. My ProLogix is the blue one with the rim, and I like that feature for two reasons - you can work on rimshot consistency and you can also put a round piece of cardbord in the middle and use it for brush practice.

codydee12

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s feedback! It was helpful to hear the insights on the reflexx pad and others on the market. I had read a good bit about the blue lightning pad before making the original post and it seems to be pretty comparable to the reflexx.

I reached out to reflexx to find out that they are electing to have pads back in stock mid December.If it works out, I will get one this round of inventory.

codydee12

Reaction score
If anyone is in the market for a Reflexx pad, they just got blue and red in-stock last night!

paulwells73

Reaction score
I haven’t used any other pad since I got a Reflexx last year. The reduced volume is worth the price of admission alone.