Regal Tip Drumsticks!

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
One thing you guys don’t get is that Regal Tip/Calato is a very small family run business. They have had a big imprint in the drumstick world because of their innovation at the beginning of drumstick development. But they were never a huge company, they just made a good product at a time when there weren’t a lot of options. Up until last year they were using the same lathes that Joe Calato had hand built in the 1960’s. The upgrade was a necessity. The drum equipment business has grown immensely in the past 40-60 years. Many of the companies that are around now didn’t even exist. The Calatos don’t seem to be trying to be a major player anymore. Joe is 90 something. His son and daughters have all retired or gotten out of the business it’s all on his granddaughter at this point. You can complain about quality control and marketing and all of that but I honestly don’t think they care. They make great sticks and brushes. Those who like them swear by them and the rest can use Vic Firth.

Incidentally they have been slow to respond to endorsers (I’m one) but when I got my dozen pairs of Jazz wood tips requested in the heaviest weight they had, I got some of the best sticks ever. They have been getting great wood and that is the thing that makes good sticks. All drumstick manufacturers are at the mercy of their wood supplier.

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Really ? Please tell them to get their act together and start getting better at Customer Service and having stock available .
Yes I am. Sorry to hear you're having issues. I order 4 bricks at a time & specify what I like..i.e. heavy & high pitched & have been very pleased with what I receive. ...It's been a several months since my last order & just now getting to the bottom of my stash. The only issues I've had is that I play 9A's & a few big name guys order massive amounts of em so timing can be an issue. I'm betting now that we are all in lockdown..tours are dead so production as well as orders are down in a massive way..