Regal Tip Jazz and Combo Sticks with Nylon tips!

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, the title says it all.... looking for sticks that no longer exist! I tried reaching out to Regal Tip but no reply.... please keep your eyes open if you run across any. Thanks!

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, the title says it all.... looking for sticks that no longer exist! I tried reaching out to Regal Tip but no reply.... please keep your eyes open if you run across any. Thanks!
I have some but so few I don’t think I can let them go. Sorry! I’m close to the factory so if I run across a stash I’ll let you know.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The nylon Erskine Ride sticks no longer exist. I have two pair that I'm keeping.

sternerp

Reaction score
Those were also my two favorite sticks, but gave up trying to find them. I wrote Regal Tip, and did not get a response.

I've scoured the web for sticks, and have found a few models that I don't want. Many retailers have them listed, but there's always an out-of-stock note on those. I ordered some from Musician's Friend about a year ago, and they first replied that they were backordered. Then a few weeks later, they sent me a refund with no explanation.

Right now I'm trying out a few different sizes of Vic Firth's "American Jazz" line, and like their model AJ4 and AJ5.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called around to a few stores in the buffalo area. So far no luck. I found some wood tip jazz and 7a but no nylon. They were having trouble with the nylon tips staying attached to the stick after they retooled the factory. Then with Covid they stopped production for awhile. It was a rough year for them. Hopefully they can bounce back. Ive got a couple of more calls/emails of inquiry out. Ill let you know what I find.