Regal Tip Stock

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
As you all know by know how tricky it is to acquire RT stuff, I wanted to post here what I have at the shop and if any models interest you, PM me so we can discuss shipping and such. I am aware when it comes to shipping this stuff, sometimes it ends up being more than the cost of the sticks themselves but I will leave that choice to the buyer. Sometimes it it worth it. Just sent 6 pairs of Alex Van Halen signatures to the US and the buyer was more than happy to pay the shipping as he could not find those anywhere else, so who knows...

*Daniel Adair signature: 6 Pairs at $ 8.99 USD each .
*Jeff Porcaro signature : 4 Pairs at $ 8.99 USD each.
*8A Hickory :5 Pairs at $8.50USD each.
*Grind EX : 4 Pairs at $8.50USD each.
*Speed EX : 3 Pairs at $8.50 USD each.
*5AX Hickory: 6 Pairs at $8.99 USD each.
*5BX Nylon Tip : 6 Pairs at $8.99 USD each.
*5BX :2 Pairs at 8.99 USD each.
*5A Maple : 6 Pairs at 8.99 USD each.
*2B : 4 pairs at 8.99 USD Each.

Cheers!
Murat

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
What is tricky about acquiring RT stuff? I have noticed that fewer places are carrying them, including Sweetwater and a local mom and pop drum shop in Daytona Beach. For sticks I use Promark, but could adapt is they disappeared from the planet. The only company making brushes that I use is RT and I'd be devastated if I could not obtain Ed Thigpen models in the future. Is there a threat of a shortage in my future?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What is tricky about acquiring RT stuff? I have noticed that fewer places are carrying them, including Sweetwater and a local mom and pop drum shop in Daytona Beach. For sticks I use Promark, but could adapt is they disappeared from the planet. The only company making brushes that I use is RT and I'd be devastated if I could not obtain Ed Thigpen models in the future. Is there a threat of a shortage in my future?
"Retooling" has been the answer when I wanted to get stock, for the last 6 months. No shipments, no deliveries, nothing. I do not know about the future though.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Regal tip rules! Tried them for the first time last month and they are the best sticks I've used. Can't believe I waited half my life to try them! And the worse part is that I've found them when it seems as if they might go under. (well I did use them in Junior high band class) but ignored them for the last 30 years. I've bought all the 5B's that Cascio had and all the ones left at my 2 local Sam Ash stores. And apparently nobody would buy them because at Sam Ash they were on a dusty bin. And the Cascio ones were listed on Amazon for weeks with the same stock. So since nobody bought them, I did!!
I'm gonna check out on Regal Tip's website what those models are like Murat. If I see something that matches, I'll buy! (the grind, speed, signatures etc..)

Last edited:

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
As you all know by know how tricky it is to acquire RT stuff, I wanted to post here what I have at the shop and if any models interest you, PM me so we can discuss shipping and such. I am aware when it comes to shipping this stuff, sometimes it ends up being more than the cost of the sticks themselves but I will leave that choice to the buyer. Sometimes it it worth it. Just sent 6 pairs of Alex Van Halen signatures to the US and the buyer was more than happy to pay the shipping as he could not find those anywhere else, so who knows...

*Daniel Adair signature: 6 Pairs at $ 8.99 USD each .
*Jeff Porcaro signature : 4 Pairs at $ 8.99 USD each.
*8A Hickory :5 Pairs at $8.50USD each.
*Grind EX : 4 Pairs at $8.50USD each.
*Speed EX : 3 Pairs at $8.50 USD each.
*5AX Hickory: 6 Pairs at $8.99 USD each.
*5BX Nylon Tip : 6 Pairs at $8.99 USD each.
*5BX :2 Pairs at 8.99 USD each.
*5A Maple : 6 Pairs at 8.99 USD each.
*2B : 4 pairs at 8.99 USD Each.

Cheers!
Murat
Hey! Ah man, I was looking for their handbourine AND those Alex Van Halen sticks for honestly the last year...regal never answered a single call, email, message, or anything.

I gave up on trying with them since it was too much of a hassle and no commitment to follow-up and now a Vater fan and loving it.

If you do have their handbourine or Alex Van Halen sticks, please PM me as I'm more than happy to pay for the shipping.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
If you can't get RT brushes, have you tried the Vic Firth Heritage brushes? I like them even better.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
If you can't get RT brushes, have you tried the Vic Firth Heritage brushes? I like them even better.
Nothing, based on my playing style, can replace Ed Thigpen model brushes. I play a lot of brush only gigs and when I need to play Afro-Cuban or Brazilian grooves that wood section near the butt of the brush is perfect. I own VF Heritage and some other models. They just don't cut it for me. The closest alternate model that I could use is another RT one: Clayton Cameron. I play brushes so much that I am agnostic when it comes to sticks, but religious when it comes to brushes. For me the only company that makes brushes that I would consider playing is RT.

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Nothing, based on my playing style, can replace Ed Thigpen model brushes. I play a lot of brush only gigs and when I need to play Afro-Cuban or Brazilian grooves that wood section near the butt of the brush is perfect. I own VF Heritage and some other models. They just don't cut it for me. The closest alternate model that I could use is another RT one: Clayton Cameron. I play brushes so much that I am agnostic when it comes to sticks, but religious when it comes to brushes. For me the only company that makes brushes that I would consider playing is RT.
Yeah man, I dunno.

I've reached out to Regal waaaaaay to many times for almost 1.5 years and got radio silence. All their distributors give better information than regal at this point - reason I switched to Vater, and actually quite happy I did.

I'd definitely recommend if you got THE pair you love, stocking up on em while you can. Best case, they stop producing them and your set for the foreseeable future. Worse case, they don't stop producing them but you have enough of YOUR brushes to last till you to your hearts content while increasing their revenue in their brushes section to make better products.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yeah man, I dunno.

I've reached out to Regal waaaaaay to many times for almost 1.5 years and got radio silence. All their distributors give better information than regal at this point - reason I switched to Vater, and actually quite happy I did.

I'd definitely recommend if you got THE pair you love, stocking up on em while you can. Best case, they stop producing them and your set for the foreseeable future. Worse case, they don't stop producing them but you have enough of YOUR brushes to last till you to your hearts content while increasing their revenue in their brushes section to make better products.
I'll be 72 in a few months. Last year I stocked up on enough to get me to my 80th birthday. Seriously. I figure that I won't be playing much by them, if at all, so I think I am safe :)

Latest posts