Reinforcing (taping) sensors on Alesis mesh electronic drum heads? Anyone done this?

robbyray

Reaction score
image_37507.jpg

I've read a few things about the cheaper Alesis kits having problems with the triggers breaking after a while.. Has anyone here reinforced their mesh pads with tape, solder, or anything of the like? I tried to Google it but came up short. I'd like to go ahead and do it before they potentially have a problem down the road, as I'm a bit of a ham fisted beginner!

Any constructive criticism (besides play lighter.. I'm workin' on it!) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this!

electrodrummer

Reaction score
Big dollop of hot glue.
Problem is mainly the cables coming away from the piezos - but also with Alesis the support structures also break and the foam denatures.

Play lighter and use maple sticks ;)

robbyray

Reaction score
Big dollop of hot glue.
Problem is mainly the cables coming away from the piezos - but also with Alesis the support structures also break and the foam denatures.

Play lighter and use maple sticks ;)
Found this video on YouTube. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you.

Here's a link for anyone interested:

flurbs

Reaction score
Why not just buy a kit in the first place that isn't so bad that it's got videos on modifications to make it work properly?

robbyray

Reaction score
Why not just buy a kit in the first place that isn't so bad that it's got videos on modifications to make it work properly?
I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just a tinkerer. This kit had the features I needed at the price I could afford. Not everyone can afford a $4k Roland kit. In fact, I saved up for a LONG time to get this, so I just want to get as much mileage out of it as I can. Good on you for a quality reply, though! :booty: