Remember Green Acres? It's Being Reimagined with the Drummer Who Quit Genesis to Herd Sheep

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Can't wait to watch this one ... I hope this finished product is a lot like Ted Lasso with a subplot inspired by the Warner Brothers cartoons about Wiley Coyote and the Sheepdog.

From Deadline.com:

Mallorca Files creator Dan Sefton is to adapt the story of ex-Genesis drummer Chris Stewart’s life for TV. Based on Stewart’s novel Driving Over Lemons, Sefton, along with a team including Simon Lupton, Nick Leese, Alvaro Alonso and Manuel Yebra, will turn the retired musician’s incredible life story into a comedy-drama, with no network attached yet. At 17, Stewart left Genesis and turned his back on rock-n-roll for a career as a sheep shearer and travel writer. Inspired by his family’s adventures, the drama follows Chris, a hapless optimist, and his pragmatic wife Ana, as the couple embark on a new life, uprooting from the UK and relocating to Andalusia in an attempt to build a new life in the Alpujarra mountains. Sefton’s indie Seven Sea Films is producing with Leese’s Tin Hat Film and TV and Spanish production outfit La Pepa. Sefton called the book “utterly charming and filled with as much warmth as a summer’s day in Spain.”

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
there's only 1 Ava Gabor
1641933672345.png

richardh253

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
But can Chris Stewart make hottscakes? Or climb the telephone pole to make a call? Or invite Arnold Ziffel over for the afternoon? Or buy replacement drum heads at Drucker's store?

"Sheeep-herdin' is the life for me,
Beats drumming, that's sure plain to see.
Sheep spreadin' out so far and wide;
Forget Genesis, just give me a snare and ride."

1641934434932.png

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd watch it. It IS Green Acres reimagined, but that was such a great show and super surreal.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
For someone who has read all of Chris’s books, as well as visited with him on his Spanish farm, this is really exciting.

I really recommend his books. They are indeed light, refreshing, and really, really funny. Most of all, they inspire you so you’re really pulling for Chris and his family. Having met the guy myself, I’ve seen what kind of personality-wiring it takes to live the life he has chosen. His skills are all self taught by necessity, on the fly; and without his depths of astounding humility, he never would’ve pushed through and found out what he could do. Best of all he’s a bright, engaging, personable soul. There's not too many like him.

Here’s my post from when my wife and I joined several others visiting him a few summers ago.

My wife and I can’t wait to watch this series.

Esotericdrums

Reaction score
At first I glance I thought you were talking about Green Acres campground at Deer Creek Ampitheatre in Indiana…

A place where wild things happened,

Then realized you weren’t sharing the war stories

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sounds like Bunker

“After the album “Aqualung”, Clive felt that Tull was entering a more complex musical phase, not so much in keeping with his own more earthy roots, and volunteered to take early retirement to the different world of marriage, dog kennel management and a venture in light engineering which had been his earlier profession.

At the same time, I was starting some other activities in areas outside music. I had become a married man, and didn’t really expect to stay in music as a full-time job. I moved to a farm outside Luton and started a business in dog boarding kennels and also invested in a engineering firm in the area, together with a few other things, just in case!”