Remo bass drum info

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to put together a set using rototoms, and thought would be fun to use a Remo bass drum. This just showed up at my local Music Go Round for $39.

I know there have been threads on Remo drums. But can anyone tell me anything based on this pic? I know they have a few different models/levels.

Attachments

• 41116-S000032506-1.jpeg
    41116-S000032506-1.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 58

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those are the quick change lugs (I've got spares if you need them...or for parts). Their tom mount is HEAVY. If you're not going to use it, remove it and plug the holes...

I've had a few Acousticon shells and I thought they sounded good...some very good. the hoops are probably worth $39....

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those are the quick change lugs (I've got spares if you need them...or for parts). Their tom mount is HEAVY. If you're not going to use it, remove it and plug the holes...

I've had a few Acousticon shells and I thought they sounded good...some very good. the hoops are probably worth $39....
I was going to ask the best thing to do with the mount. Using rototoms so won't need the mount I don't think

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to put together a set using rototoms, and thought would be fun to use a Remo bass drum. This just showed up at my local Music Go Round for $39.

I know there have been threads on Remo drums. But can anyone tell me anything based on this pic? I know they have a few different models/levels.
Well, I bought it. Decent shape, should clean up well, but I suspect these hoops not original color. Gold metallic...anybody know if that is correct?

Attachments

• 20220701_111541.jpg
    20220701_111541.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 26

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opinions, would you replace the gold sparkle hoops with metal or wood? Looking on Drum Factory Direct. Will be hard to find originals.

karlcrafton

Reaction score
Remo drums are cool sounding.
For your Roto Toms, you may want to check out these for easier mounting.

The Acousticon shell was a pretty great sounding material.
The snares always sounded cool. The hardware on the drums was what was lacking. Otherwise, those drums could have been more popular/sellable.
The wrap is Quadura, and is very durable. It looks similar to a lacquer finish if that's what your drum has.
I bought a roll of it from Remo back in '90 or '91. It was around $350-400 back then, and it was around 100' x 48"
Around 2010 or so, my shop guy called and asked what it was I paid for it way back when, and then he said it was almost $1500 for the same stuff I got!

becken

Reaction score

I bought a set in 1983. Pull them out every so often. When I bought mine, (and they may still sell them), they made/sold "resonators " to go on/under the central threaded pole that held up the black spoke. These resonators were clear plastic of some sort, and focused the sound like a concert tom. Increased the volume. Neat accessory. You might be interested in them if they are still sold.

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, when starting to examine and start sorting the drum, I found the gold rim to be cheap tape that pulled off easily with little to no residue. Leaving the original black wood hoop. I Swapped the old destroyed heads for a couple I had, and it looks much better.

Attachments

• 20220702_183906.jpg
    20220702_183906.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 12