Remo Vintage Emperor

Barden

Reaction score
I almost posted earlier for inspiration on what heads I should buy for my toms next, but I didn't. I wasn't happy with the tuning on my 16" so I looked through old heads and found my old remo vintage emperor. Back on the drum it went and I was reminded of how nice it was. It's not in the best of condition, but it's sounding better than the newer head I swapped it for. This got me wanting to try the vintage amabassador, but I walked away with vintage emperors for the 10" and 14" for now.

They tuned up very easily and sounded great. I couldn't remember how they had sounded before and was hesitant to put a coated double ply head on, but these are breathing like much thinner heads. I looked for my old 14" vintage emperor before buying heads and found that I had put it on my tama artwood snare. Also a fantastic move. Maybe you'll get a picture of the kit with them on soon. Maybe.

Thought I'd share for anyone who hasn't tried them and wants a little inspiration for the next drumhead purchase.

IMG_20190818_084425920.jpg

IMG_20190818_084434480.jpg

There you go! Now you have pictures!

Last edited:

dirtysicks

Reaction score
Iomega using vintage emperor heads as a change up to ebony emperors when I want a different tone. They’re nice heads for sure.

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been using Coated Vintage Emperors on several kits for years now. Absolutely love em! I'm curious how the Clears are different from the Coated... Do they have more attack?

Barden

Reaction score
I've been using Coated Vintage Emperors on several kits for years now. Absolutely love em! I'm curious how the Clears are different from the Coated... Do they have more attack?
I've only ever had coated. I think they have plenty of attack so that curbs my curiosity about the clear a bit.

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I love coated vintage emperor on my LM402 snare. I use clear version on my other drums. Great heads, together with vintage ambassador.

Latest posts