Renting my AHM kit to H.E.R. Drummer for an upcoming concert. Nevermind!

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just shipped our backline SCB kit to the same backline company for H.E,R to play at that show. She plays drums on one song during the show and needed a white Yamaha kit. Apparently the whole show is white-kit themed because we just made a matte black RC kit for her drummer for his touring rig.
Cool. A matte black.

We need to see that :thumbup:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I just shipped our backline SCB kit to the same backline company for H.E,R to play at that show. She plays drums on one song during the show and needed a white Yamaha kit. Apparently the whole show is white-kit themed because we just made a matte black RC kit for her drummer for his touring rig.
Yup! Got the word today, they don’t need my drums….

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use some of my snares, cymbals and a couple of times my 60's Ludwig BOP kit for the jazz festival I arrange with my brother and some of my friends. Keeps the cost down for us instead of hiring backline from a company, better spend the money on great artists.
Never had a problem with the drummers or the drums.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, Dan. Got a call for Charlie Watts to use my blond Gretsch kit for a charity event in St. Louis about thirty years ago. Later they told me they didn't need it.

tnsquint

Backline Rental Guru
Reaction score
All my kits are for rental purposes. They get a little scuffed up from time to time but for the most part they still look really great. Well worth it to me. Last I looked my Yamaha MCA had netted about 40k in rentals over the past eight years. Not bad for buying it used for $1,600.

My two biggest pet peeves are guys that allow mounted toms to scuff the bass drum and guys that think leaving a pair of sticks on top of the bass drum is a good idea. Really?! Can I just buy you a stick bag? It took me forever to figure out what was causing it but several of my bass drums have a pair of lines, marred into the finish on the top side of both sets of top lugs. I am sorry, but that is just stupid. They rattle in that position and it’s not that hard to pull a stick out of your bag on the fly. Arguably far easier than leaning forward to pick it up off the BD.

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
All my kits are for rental purposes. They get a little scuffed up from time to time but for the most part they still look really great. Well worth it to me. Last I looked my Yamaha MCA had netted about 40k in rentals over the past eight years. Not bad for buying it used for $1,600.

My two biggest pet peeves are guys that allow mounted toms to scuff the bass drum and guys that think leaving a pair of sticks on top of the bass drum is a good idea. Really?! Can I just buy you a stick bag? It took me forever to figure out what was causing it but several of my bass drums have a pair of lines, marred into the finish on the top side of both sets of top lugs. I am sorry, but that is just stupid. They rattle in that position and it’s not that hard to pull a stick out of your bag on the fly. Arguably far easier than leaning forward to pick it up off the BD.
My pet peeve is some guy complaining about where someone puts their sticks on a kit that’s made them 40K …..:D

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I was chuckling to myself while reading this as was sitting at my set looking straight at my spare drumsticks on top of my bass drum :)

I'm surprised you didn't mention rash on mounted toms or snares drums due them resting against each other. That would frost my you know whats.

tnsquint

Backline Rental Guru
Reaction score
I was chuckling to myself while reading this as was sitting at my set looking straight at my spare drumsticks on top of my bass drum :)

I'm surprised you didn't mention rash on mounted toms or snares drums due them resting against each other. That would frost my you know whats.
It seems that tom/snare rash doesn’t happen as often but that is a close runner-up to the “I want my tom low enough that it grinds into the bass drum shell”.