header.nohb.html

Replacement heads for 3 kits

Stoked2

Reaction score
3kit's replacement head suggestions 1967 Ludwig champagne S parkle 12, 16, 20 14 metal snare, Pdp Concept Maple and Sonor Aq2 both 7pc, 8,10,12,14,16, with 20 Kicks, 2 snaresx14 by 6, one Maple y one metal wood and metal snare

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Coated Ambassadors over Clear Ambassadors on toms. Coated Ambassador over Hazy Ambassador Snare. Coated PS3 on the bass drum. Whatever front head on the bass drum you already have.

mebeatee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
3kit's replacement head suggestions 1967 Ludwig champagne S parkle 12, 16, 20 14 metal snare, Pdp Concept Maple and Sonor Aq2 both 7pc, 8,10,12,14,16, with 20 Kicks, 2 snaresx14 by 6, one Maple y one metal wood and metal snare

Yowee....20 kicks....get one of each kind and experiment...;)
I know you meant 20” bd’s....couldn’t resist.

Otherwise what kind(s) of musics are these used for as that may determine choices....

Or go completely against the grain and put Chrome “Hydraulics” on everything....top and bottom, front and back, and especially the snare sides. Or a different head for each drum a la the 20 kicks.....and don’t forget to mix brands....
Now getting back to the musics played....go from there....although ya can’t go wrong with High on Stress’ suggestion, except may as well replace the fronts of the bd’s to have the full “new shiny” experience.
bt

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’d recommend against the hydraulics for the Ludwigs at least. I like them on other drums but old Ludwigs are warm enough to begin with and sound dead with hydros to me. Mine have coated vintage ambassadors over Ludwig medium coated at the moment and sound great. The evan reso 7 os the closest I’ve found to the Ludwig mediums. Bass drum coated emperor with felt strip or powerstoke depending on how modern a sound you want