Replacement Snare Throw Off for Gretsch Renown 57

FunkyWilly

Reaction score
I have a Gretsch Renown 57 kit that has a matching 6.5x14 snare. The throw off adjuster got bent and I want to replace it with a nicer throw off. The challenge is that the spacing between the mounting holes is 1.5". Attached are photos of the current throw off and the inside mounting spacing.

I also have a Trick snare and I love the throw off but the spacing is 7/8". Even the Dunnett units with adjustable spacing only seem to accommodate a 1.25" spacing.

Can anyone recommend a quality throw off that can fit without redrilling? I supposed I could just replace it with the same Gretsch piece, but thought I would use this as an opportunity to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

swayed1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the hole spacing on his snare is 1.5” so the INDe won’t fit, although I love them on my snares that need a new one.

Why not? The INDe goes up to 2.5” right?

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the hole spacing on his snare is 1.5” so the INDe won’t fit, although I love them on my snares that need a new one.
Why wouldn't it fit? It's been a while since my math degree, but I think 1.5" is larger than 1" and smaller than 2.5", right? :D

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it off (first)...and have a jeweler straighten it ; )