Repro Slingerland RK 3-point strainer

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I believe I read/heard....imagined someone has done a repro Slingerland RK 3-point strainer.
Anyone know who or where that may be?. Thanks in advance,
Regards
DonS

tamadrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think Chicago Drums and Restoration Ltd.,has some 3 point repros. also.I know they mount them on their American series snare drums.

I don't know if they are available ,outside of being mounted on those drums however.

They also have a Cheap Trick model snare drum with a likeness of the band on the side of the drum,which is kind of cool.

Mark.maybe you know?

Steve B

Mark Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure but I think there is a three point strainer available that is fashioned after a Leedy or Ludwig & Ludwig 1930's-50's strainer that would not probably retro-fit a Slingerland.

tamadrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mark Cooper said:
Not sure but I think there is a three point strainer available that is fashioned after a Leedy or Ludwig & Ludwig 1930's-50's strainer that would not probably retro-fit a Slingerland.
Right you are Mark.I emailed them and they got right back to me,and stated that no,that strainer would NOT fit a slingy hole pattern.

It's a shame really,I'm sure there's a market for the 3 point Slingerland Strainer.

Steve B

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Drumsandsome.com had a three point strainer available but I don't think it would fit the original holes. At one point they told me they were going to make a version of it that would...but I'm not sure if they are even in business anymore.

I bought one of their non-retrofitting ones for a project I had in the works at the time (Slingy N.O.S. shell) and it worked pretty well, with the right sort of cosmetics I was looking for. Pity they didn't have the foresight to initially set it up to fit the original hole pattern.

Attachments

tamadrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I remember the Purdie Shuffle inspired buying of those undrilled shells.

I can't understand that either.Why not make a repro that fits the slingy hole pattern?

Something a little OT,but why didn't Ludwig make the newer P-33 butt,fit the same hole pattern as the P-32 butt?

Steve B

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
DaveA said:

K.O., that is a sharp looking drum!
Thanks!

Purdie Shuffle was the guy that brought those shells to our attention on the DFO. He asked for ideas as to how to build one out. Since the shell was already drilled for Slingy lugs I suggested the repro streamline lugs and a repro 3 point. At that point I realized I needed to build one myself. I think I ended up spending less than $200 on the whole thing. The patina on those old shells is awesome.

Purdie ordered his and they sent him one that was all polished out which ruined the whole deal for him since it was the patina that was attracting him to these.