Reproduction Slingerland Labels

sksmith-1

Reaction score
At one time, somebody was making reproduction Slingerland stand labels. If I recall, they were making the silver & black ones and the silver & red ones.
Does anyone know if these are still being done, and if so, who is doing them?
I'm looking for a few of the red & silver ones.
If anyone has any leads, please let me know.
Thanks,
Steve

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I thought Richard King had some made. Maybe he'll weigh in?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I believe the person you are referring to is John Brankin. I still have some of his Slingerland labels, along with one from Richard King. As you can see from the picture, John's labels were more accurate. Richard's label is a bit longer and with a slightly different font. John offered Black/Brass, Black/Silver and Red/Silver.

I still have the envelope that John's labels came in, showing he lives in Cary, Il. I just did a Google search and found a "gofundme" page for John, which reveals he has a heart condition. As such, I don't think he's doing much work anymore. Very sad, and I wish him well.

Sorry to get off track. The bottom line is that Richard's label are just a bit too long for my liking and they overlap a bit when used on the typical 60's cymbal and hi hat stands they were designed for. Still, it may be the only option...if they're still available.

-Mark

Attachments

sksmith-1

Reaction score
idrum4fun,
Wouldn't want to part with those red/silver labels now, would you???? :hello1:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
And THAT ladies and gentlemen is why I am on DFO.... it's the quality people I get to share my drum passion with. Thank you, you made my night reading this.

sksmith-1

Reaction score
Hi Steve! You want 'em, you got 'em! PM me with your complete name and address and I'll send them out to you... no charge!

-Mark
Wow Mark, You gotta let me give you something for them! I'll PM you shortly.
Thanks!
Steve

Latest posts